At San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union we exhibit the credit union philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business. We strive to encourage professionalism and creativity, and reward our employees with a fair and attractive compensation and benefits package.
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax it to 858-614-0048.
|Support Services Representative||Full-Time||Corporate Office||Apply Now|
|Teller II||Part-time||Parkway||Apply Now|
Job Duties include:
• Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily.
• Accept deposits, share withdrawals, transfers, loan payment, payoffs, VISA cash advances, and process and post mail daily.
• Process stop payments.
• Provide members with information pertaining to account status, including current balances and loan pay-off amount.
• Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
• Provide general information regarding Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts available, interest rates, office hours, and branch locations.
• Promote and cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
• Issue and encode ATM cards.
• Sell Traveler’s Cheques and maintain individual inventory log.
• Prepare payroll deduction forms and net check/ACH requests.
• Ensure compliance with all processes pertaining to BSA and CIP programs.
• Meet established referral goals based on hours worked.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one year of teller experience.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills including excellent grammar and telephone etiquette.
• Ability to handle people and/or situations with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, 10 key adding machine, on-line computer system, and typewriter (minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m.).
• Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.