Overdraft Protection Service
We recognize that sometimes you may overdraw your account. Our Overdraft Protection options are designed to help in those situations and give you the peace of mind and confidence that your transactions will be paid.
Standard Overdraft Protection
This optional service allows you to designate additional accounts or Lines of Credit(2) as overdraft protection. When funds are not available in your checking account to cover a transaction, our Overdraft Protection service will transfer available funds from your designated account(s). Per transaction transfer fees apply.
Eligible overdraft accounts:
- Money Market (1)
- Money on Request Lines of Credit
You can designate accounts for overdraft protection when you open your account or by contacting us at 619.297.4835.
When you elect to add Bounce Guard to your account, we will, at our discretion, pay certain types of transactions which may overdraw your account. Bounce Guard per item fees apply (3). Bounce Guard overdraft service is available to qualified members with a METRO Basic, METRO Dividend or METRO Rewards checking account.
- ACH withdrawals
- Recurring debit card transactions
Features & Benefits of Standard Bounce Guard:
- METRO may honor drafts for which there are insufficient funds
- Avoid fees with other financial institutions
- Account is taken negative by the dollar amount of the overdraft including the Bounce Guard fee (3)
- $500 limit on Metro Basic Checking and Metro Dividend Checking Accounts
- $750 limit on Metro Rewards Checking Account
Additional Opt-In Bounce Guard Enrollment For ATM and Debit Card Transactions
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions (in addition to the transactions available through our standard coverage), call us at 619-297-4835 (or toll free at 888-907-3628), or visit a branch location.
(1) Subject to Reg D limitations on number of transfers.
(2) All accounts and loans linked for overdraft protection must have the same ownership.
(3) The Bounce Guard fee is a flat fee of $29.00 charged regardless of the amount the account is overdrawn and will be charged for each overdraft item presented and paid.
Bounce Guard Additional Disclosure:
We will send you a notice for each item covered by the Bounce Guard Service. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay items. For example, we may not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, you are not making regular deposits, you have had too many overdrafts, or your account has been overdrawn for an extended period of time. We encourage you to properly maintain your accounts with us. You agree that we will not be held liable for either paying or refusing to pay any overdraft item.
The Bounce Guard overdraft service is a discretionary privilege offered to members and not a right of membership. Bounce Guard is not available for Rebuilder or Access Checking Accounts. We reserve the right to discontinue this service at any time without any notice.