At San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union we exhibit the credit union philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
Join Our Team!
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business. We strive to encourage professionalism and creativity, and reward our employees with a fair and attractive compensation and benefits package.
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems Administrator, Kearny Mesa
The Systems Administrator monitors and maintains the security and availability of the Credit Union’s virtual and physical server infrastructure, datacenter network, and end-user systems (workstations, laptops, mobile devices). Researches and resolves complex Active Directory issues. Actively participates in high effort infrastructure upgrades (Windows 10, Windows 2016, VMware 6.5). Provides timely communication to staff on helpdesk requests. Ability to work with other departments and/or third-party vendors to successfully implement technologies or troubleshoot issues. Assists with projects as delegated by the Network Manager. Provides guidance and support to junior team members. Assists with core system operations as required.
The requirements for the Systems Administrator include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field. In lieu of degree, a high school diploma or equivalent and
a certification listed below.
2. Minimum of four years of experience designing, installing, and maintaining a VMware infrastructure.
3. Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 Active Directory administration and troubleshooting.
4. Advanced knowledge of backup technologies and best practices (NetBackup preferred).
5. Minimum of four years of experience maintaining a SAN infrastructure (Nimble preferred).
6. Advanced knowledge of Exchange 2013/2016 and email security best practices.
7. Working knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches/APs.
8. Working knowledge of VoIP technologies and protocols (Adapt preferred).
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Excellent collaborative skills in a team environment and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
11. Direct end-user support.
• Current Microsoft certification or four-year college degree in a related area of study.
• Advanced IT Certifications will be given first consideration, such as,
o Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE,
o VMware VCA or VCP, and
o Cisco CCNA will all be a plus.
Special Accounts Administrative Assistant, Kearny Mesa
The Special Accounts Administrative Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
1. Process, verify, correct and track credit disputes received from members either by phone or mail. Including, but not limited to auditing accounts for accuracy, contacting members with results and processing results through E-Oscar.
2. Assist the Department Manager in the processing, and tracking of extension agreement requests for members assigned to Special Accounts, including but not limited to completing and mailing forms, follow-up on approval, denial and file maintenance, contacting members with results of the request.
3. Assist the Department Manager in the processing, and tracking of Bankruptcies for members assigned to Special Accounts, including but not limited to completing and mailing Bankruptcy forms, follow-up on filing of BK-7 reaffirmation agreements and BK-13 claims. Performing required file maintenance, and insuring the accurate posting of BK-13 Trustee payments.
4. Assist the Department Manager in the processing, verifying and completion of month-end reports to be submitted to Leadership to be included in the monthly Board Package.
5. Assist the Department Manager in the processing, verifying and completion of quarter-end 5300 (NCUA Call) reports to be submitted to Leadership to be included in the monthly Board Package.
6. Perform a variety of routine clerical duties as assigned by the Special Accounts Manager and/or the Special Accounts Lead to assist in the collection process, repossession process, insurance process, legal process and charge off process of accounts assigned to the Special Accounts Department.
7. Cross train and become familiar with existing procedures, policies, regulations, and laws that govern the collection process and the Special Accounts Department. These include, but are not limited to, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, The Right to Privacy Act and Check 21. Also, train and become familiar with existing Bankruptcy Laws and Foreclosure Laws.
The requirements for the Special Accounts Administrative Assistant include:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. High proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
3. Minimum of one year of experience in customer service.
4. Strong emphasis on professional written and verbal communication skills including excellent grammar and telephone etiquette. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
5. Ability to handle difficult people and/or situations with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
6. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
Operations Representative, Kearny Mesa
The Operations Representative will have the following responsibilities:
•Must keep updated on all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures specific to Card & Operations. Comply with all BSA and CIP programs and legal processes. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. (e.g. checking accounts, ATMs, Certificates and Visa)
•Must complete the IRA/Legal desk duties, which includes-processing the levies, subpoena’s, decedent, dormant, and escheat on a daily and/or monthly basis
•Assist in training existing employees upon desk rotation as well as new hires.
•Handle the complex member inquiries and complaints to ensure efficient, prompt and courteous response.
•As needed, assist Supervisor/Sr Representative in the daily operations to provide a high level of member service.
•Cross-train on the Share Draft desk, Visa/Debit/ATM desk
•Fill in during the absence of your peers.
•Effectively communicate new programs, policies, and procedures to new staff. Ensure procedures are understood and followed by new staff.
•Assist in developing and recommending new policies and procedures to streamline and improve processes.
The requirements for the Operations Representative include:
•High School diploma or equivalent
•Must have knowledge, experience and proficiency in all functions of the Operations Department. (e.g. IRA, Legal, Share Draft, ATM, VISA Back office)
•Professional written and verbal communications skills.
•Proficiency with ten key adding machine/calculator.
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
•Three years of progressively responsible credit union or financial service industry experience in a comparable field.
Vice President/Chief Lending Officer (VP/CLO)
The VP/Chief Lending Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Credit Union’s loan programs including: direct and indirect consumer and mortgage lending and collections. The successful candidate will have a strong passion and curiosity for innovation and technology with experience in implementing technology to enhance the member experience.
Requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field plus a minimum of ten years’ of progressively responsible experience managing collections, consumer lending, and mortgage lending.
• Minimum of five years of supervisory experience is required.
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state credit union laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to consumer and real estate lending and collections.
• Thorough knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and member service skills.
• A proven ability to build and manage a diverse loan portfolio.
• Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database programs.
Candidates interested in the Vice President/Chief Lending Officer position must submit their resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com