At San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union we exhibit the credit union philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
Join Our Team!
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business. We strive to encourage professionalism and creativity, and reward our employees with a fair and attractive compensation and benefits package.
San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
|Loan Processor||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
|Loan Officer||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
|Chief Operations Officer||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
Loan Officer, Kearny Mesa
The Loan Officer’s responsibilities include: within established guidelines and procedures, performs work requiring the use of judgment and discretion in making credit decisions for members seeking loans (indirect and direct). Reviews loan applications to insure completeness and accuracy of information. Develops information and stipulations to process loan applications such as verification of income and credit reports. Prepares appropriate documentation and related forms for submittal to Lending Manager/Credit Manager. Employees assigned to this level job will normally process highly routine loans with questionable matters referred to manager or more senior loan officer.
The requirements for the Loan Officer I include:
• High school diplomas or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year of consumer loan underwriting or two (2) years of loan processing experience.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously.
• Considerable knowledge and understanding of regulations and laws as they pertain to lending.
• Proficiency with 10-key, calculator, Microsoft Office, and loan calculations.
• Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
• Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and State of California Department of Insurance. Will be required to undergo a background check. Registration with the NMLS to be maintained on an annual basis.
Loan Processor II (Consumer), Kearny Mesa
The Loan Processor will under general supervision, gather and process direct and indirect consumer loan documents necessary to process and obtain a loan decision, review loans for quality assurance, and correspond with the members on the status of the loan, and establish positive working relationships with Indirect vendors, members and co-workers.
The requirements include: high school diploma or equivalent, a minimum two years of loan processing experience in consumer lending, knowledge of Federal and State regulations as they pertain to lending, professional written and verbal communication skills, excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential, proficiency with ten key adding machine, calculator and on-line data processing system (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.), working knowledge of computers and ability to learn new systems, register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and State of California Department of Insurance. Will be required to undergo a background check. Registration with the NMLS to be maintained on an annual basis.
Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer is directly responsible for the effective operation of all branch activities, including, front-end and back-end operations and Marketing. The incumbent will be the brand ambassador for the newly revamped brand of the Credit Union and will leverage the strength of the brand to penetrate new markets and build business.
The requirements include
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field plus five years of direct management experience in Marketing, Branch Operations, Communications and Public Relations in banking or financial services. Master’s degree preferred. In lieu of post-secondary education requirement, ten years of management experience in all phases of retail financial service delivery will be considered.
2. Strong focus on the overall member experience and new account growth.
3. Solid knowledge and experience with lending (including mortgage and consumer lending).
4. Familiarity with the operational aspects of electronic and personal retail financial services.
5. Demonstrated supervisory ability.
6. Knowledge of federal and state credit union and/or banking laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to consumer and real estate lending, deposit products, and marketing.
7. Professional written, verbal and presentations skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management personnel, volunteer leadership and business contacts.
8. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
9. A high degree of organization and the ability to manage concurrent projects.
10. Proficiency with personal computer-based word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
Candidates interested in the Chief Operations Officer position should submit their resume and salary requirements.