SNAP. DEPOSIT. ENJOY!Deposit checks directly from your mobile device to your METRO Checking or Savings accounts using our free Mobile Banking App!
First Time Login…Let Us Walk You Through ItIt’s easy to get started. Simply follow these steps:
- Open or download the METRO App on your mobile device*
- Login using your METRO Digital Banking ID and password
- Accept the Disclosure and Agreement
- Choose “Check Deposit” from the menu options
- Select the account you wish to make the deposit
- Enter the amount of the check
- Follow the prompts to snap a picture of the front and back of the check. Check must be properly endorsed with your name and “For Mobile Deposit at SDMCU.”
- Tap “Deposit”
*Check with your wireless carrier, as standard message and data rates may apply.
Please Note: The funds you deposit through METRO’s Mobile Banking App may not be available for immediate withdrawal. The first $200 of deposits made in a business day will be available at the time of mobile deposits. Please refer to your Digital Banking Agreement for additional information regarding availability of mobile deposits.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. The iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
About Mobile Deposit – Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is mobile deposit?Mobile deposit is a secure and convenient method to deposit paper checks into your METRO account using our mobile app.
2.Is it secure?Yes. To use this feature, you must have a digital banking login credentials. First time users must have multi-factor authentication set up in online banking or have the ability to receive a voice message containing the passcode to the phone number on our system.
3.What do I need?
- Mobile device with camera
- METRO mobile app from the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Online banking login credentials
- Mobile data plan/Wi-Fi access
- Device operating system must be either iOS9 newer or Android 4.3 or newer.
4. How do I use the feature?
- Install the METRO mobile app on your device
- Log into the mobile app with your online banking credentials
- Tap ‘Check Deposit’ in the app tray on iOS or menu icon in Android (first time users must accept the Mobile Deposit disclosure)
- Select the ‘To’ account, and enter the correct amount from the check.
- To take a picture of the check, tap the camera icon.
- Make sure all edges show and the amount, date, and payee are clear on the device screen.
- Tap ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN to capture the image.
- Tap ‘Keep picture’ if the entire image of the check is visible.
- Take a picture of the back of the check. Make sure the check is properly endorsed (endorsement requirements are below).
- Tap ‘Keep picture’ button.
- Tap ‘Deposit’ when completed.
5. Do you need a checking account to use mobile deposit?You must be a member in good standing with an eligible Checking account or Savings account.
6. How should I endorse the check?
- The check must have the following endorsement (incorrect or improper endorsement may result in a rejection of the transaction):
- Write ‘For Mobile Deposit to SDMCU’
7. What should I do with my check after making a mobile deposit?
- Retain the original check for ninety (90) days.
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com regarding the status of the check deposit. If the deposit was approved, in most cases it would be safe to destroy or shred the check. However, if your deposit was rejected and the check was destroyed, you may need to obtain a replacement check from the issuer in order to negotiate the check in person at a branch location.
8. Are there any fees for using mobile deposit?There is no charge for using the feature. Fees for returned deposit items apply, please refer to the Fee Schedule.
9. When is my deposit available for use?Checks deposited using the mobile app are subject to verification. The first $200 of deposits received in a business day the Credit Union is open or on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays will be immediately available, amounts in excess of $200 will be available on the second business day after we receive your deposit. Deposits made after 3 p.m. Pacific Time are considered made on the next business day. We will notify you by mail if we further delay the availability of your deposit.
10. Who is eligible to use the service?Mobile deposit is available to METRO members in good standing with an eligible checking or savings account and access to the METRO mobile app. Those that are ineligible will see the message “Please contact us about eligibility for this service.” when tapping on the Check Deposit menu item.
11. Why does it say I can’t use the feature?If you received this message ‘Please contact us about eligibility for this service’ after tapping on the Check Deposit menu item or receive an Application Error when processing a deposit, this may mean you did not meet the minimum requirement for this service. Call us at 619-297-4835 during regular business hours for further details.
12. I use to have this feature and now I don’t. What happened?Your eligibility may have changed. Please contact us for details.
13. What types of checks can I deposit? All checks can be deposited except checks with the following:
- Items that do not contain the restrictive endorsement outlined above in Question 6.
- Items displaying a “non-negotiable” or “void” notation or watermark.
- Items containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Items dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Items previously converted to a substitute check or items that are remotely created checks as defined by Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC.
- Items issued by or through a financial institution in a foreign country.
- Items not payable in United States currency.
- Items with incomplete or illegible information.
- Items that are money orders, traveler’s checks or savings bonds.
- Items that are in violation of any federal or state law, rule, or regulation.
- Checks or items prohibited by the Credit Union’s current procedures relating to the Mobile Deposit service or are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your METRO account.
- Items with any endorsement on the back other than what is specified.
14. How do I know if my deposit was accepted?You will receive a confirmation email that we received the transaction. You will receive a secondary email when the deposit is approved, adjusted or rejected. You may also monitor the status of a deposited item in your history located in the Check Deposit menu item.
15. How can I deposit more than the limit?The maximum daily limit is $5,000. The maximum aggregate 7-day deposit limit is $10,000 and maximum aggregation monthly deposit is $20,000. Please see the disclosure located in the online banking platform.
16. What happens if I deposited the check again by mistake?In most cases, the deposit feature will recognize a check that had been deposited prior and will notify you on the screen. If the check was rejected upon further review, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the status.
17. Why was the check I deposited adjusted?Deposited items may be adjusted due to incorrect input. We will notify you by email, or you can view the adjustment and check image located in the History tab of the Check Deposit menu.
Enhancements to the Mobile Banking App
- Quick Balance with Transaction History - This will give the users the ability to see balances and transaction history by swiping down from the top of the login screen without having to log into the app.
How To Activate Feature:
1. Log In
2. Go to the 'More' menu option and tap Settings
3. Tap Quick Balance and select 'On'
4. Log Out and Swipe Down from the top half of the Log In Screen to see the quick balance.
- iPhone 8/8 Plus Native Resolution - Images and text will be optimized for the larger display sizes for these devices.
METRO Mobile Banking AppThe METRO mobile app allows members convenient access to their METRO accounts with the same level of security as the desktop platform. Manage your finances and perform secure transactions on your iPhone ®, iPad ® or Android ™ anywhere – anytime!
- TouchID Login (for devices with Apple's TouchID technology)
- Pay bills
- Check account balances
- View check images
- View account history
- Transfer between accounts
- Locate METRO Branches, CO-OP ATMs or Shared Branches using GPS navigation
FIRST-TIME USERSPlease Note – You must be enrolled in online banking to use this mobile app. If you’re already enrolled in online banking, simply sign on using your login credentials.
LOGIN SECURITY FEATURETo authenticate first time users the system generates a text message or voice call to a phone number stored in the online banking system.
For assistance with login, troubleshooting or accounts related questions, please call our Phone Center at 888-907-3628 during regular business hours.
Click on the logos or search for San Diego Metropolitan CU in the Apple App Store or SDMCU in Google Play.
METRO Mobile app is provided without charge. Texting or data fees may apply when using this app. Please check with your wireless carrier regarding fees. To learn how we protect your privacy, please click here.