You Can Apply for METRO's College Scholarship Program!
Since 2008, METRO Credit Union is pleased to offer its College Scholarship Program to recognize and reward exceptional students who demonstrate traits of leadership, a commitment to public service, and a desire to make a difference within their schools and communities. The scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors within the METRO membership. One (1) student will receive $3,000, one (1) student will receive $2,000 and two (2) students will each be awarded $1,000.
Eligibility and RequirementsEach applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the 2018 College Scholarship:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school in San Diego County.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or better, based upon a 4.0 scale.
- Acceptance by, or plans to attend, an accredited college or university on a full-time basis.
- Be a member of METRO Credit Union, or the child or legal ward of a METRO member. Open membership must be in good standing through time of award payment.
- Submit a completed and signed application packet to METRO Credit Union. All applications must be received or postmarked by March 31, 2018 and contain all the components together. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit application to:
METRO Scholarship Program
Attention: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 719099
San Diego, CA 92171-9099
1. The awards will be determined by METRO’s Scholarship Committee, and financial need may be a consideration. The awards selection is at METRO’s sole and complete discretion; METRO reserves the right to make changes to the scholarship program at any time and all decisions will be final.
2. Notification to the scholarship recipients will be mailed shortly after the decision along with an invitation to be recognized and attend an upcoming Credit Union’s Board of Directors’ Meeting.
3. Each award recipient will be required to submit a senior photo and their name and photo may be used for public relations purposes and Credit Union material. Signed permission must be obtained at the time of application submission (see attached Release Form with Application).
4. Scholarships will be payable no later than December 31, 2018. This scholarship is a one-time award. Each recipient’s award check will be sent directly to the college/university of their choice.
5. METRO Credit Union employees, members of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee, and their family members are not eligible to participate in this program.
6. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Void where prohibited.