When it comes to gaining valuable experience with the whole money thing, our Smart-Start Accounts are a leap in the right direction. These special accounts not only provide financial experience, they also offer eye-opening ways to save money and in some instances, earn substantial dividends, too.
It All Begins With Our Aspire Savings Account (1)Save for short-term goals or long-range dreams
This account features the same solid rates as our regular Share Savings, but without the standard fees for inactivity.
- For members ages 13-22
- Balance of $100 or more earn dividends
- 24/7 access via ATM and FREE online banking
Access Checking (2)Checking for the real world
With round-the-clock account access available nearly everywhere - from stores at the mall to ATMs while on spring break to dorm room computers - here's a Checking Account that's always good-to-go.
- For members ages 16-22
- No monthly fee
- Quick cash, without fees, at thousands of CO-OP Network ATMs
- VISA Check Card
Green-Light Auto Loans (3)Discounted rates
Opt for automatic payments from the Access Checking account (a pre-requisite for the Green-Light Auto Loan), and enjoy a rate reduction of 0.25%.
- Loan amounts available for up to $20,000
- Flexible terms
Ongoing Opportunities To Learn MoreSmart-Start members also get updates and financial information on our youth partner site dedicated to teens.
(1) A parent or guardian must be a joint owner on the Aspire Savings Account for any person under the age of 18. Upon turning the age of 23 years old, the Aspire Savings will convert to a Regular Share Account with corresponding rates and terms.
(2) A parent or guardian must be a joint owner on the Access Checking Account for any person under the age of 18. Upon turning the age of 23 years old, the Access Checking Account will convert to a Basic Checking Account with corresponding rates and terms. Bounce Guard Overdraft Protection service is not available with the Access Checking Account.
(3) If Green-Light Auto Loan applicant is under the age of 18, primary applicant must be age of majority.
All loans subject to approval.